Portmarnock Community School Adult Education Programme:
Free course funded by Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment
Students should be from either of the groups listed below:
- Age profile 45+
- Farming communities
- Small business owners (<10 people)
- Unemployed persons
- Persons with disabilities, and
- Disadvantaged groups.
So, you have a Laptop/Desktop computer and/or maybe a Tablet and you don’t really make good use of them. Are you always waiting for someone to show you how to do simple tasks? Someone who maybe hasn’t got the time!! If you want to get the best out of your computer in a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere with plenty of time and attention, then maybe this course is for you. What would you like to use your computers for?
What the training covers:
Programme A: Productive Use of Digital Skills (6 Hours) – All topics under Programme A are compulsory.
- Introduction to the internet
- Internet safety & security
- Search engines and websites
- Online government services
- Conducting everyday transactions
- Online voice and video calls
- Use of “Apps”.
Programme B: Lifestyle Choices (4 Hours) – Trainees should be given the opportunity to select a minimum of two topics from Programme B.
- Specific government online services
- Social Media
- Video, TV and Radio
- Shopping online
- Instructional videos on YouTube
- Online banking, including the process and security safeguards
- Digital photography
- Revision of one or more of the topics under Programme A
This will be a five week course, one night a week, two hours each night, you can bring your own computer or use computers on site.
Tuesday’s 5 weeks Free 7.30 – 9.30 p.m.
About the Tutor: