Portmarnock Community School Adult Education Programme:
So, you have a Laptop/Desktop computer and/or maybe a Tablet and you don’t really make good use of them. Are you always waiting for someone to show you how to do simple tasks? Someone who maybe hasn’t got the time!! If you want to get the best out of your computer in a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere with plenty of time and attention, then maybe this course is for you. What would you like to use your computers for?
- Browsing and searching the internet efficiently
- Using different browsers like Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox (they’re all free)
- Sending/Receiving email, with and without attachments
- Storing, sorting and sharing Photographs
- Booking Train tickets, Airline Tickets, Hotels, Golf Tee Times etc.
- Managing your music and video
- Typing documents, letters etc. – Using Microsoft Word and demonstrating and advising on the free word processing options available
- Using spreadsheets for names and addresses and maybe home budgets (if you dare!) Small business accounts – Using Microsoft Excel and demonstrating and advising on the free spreadsheet options available
- Safely backup all important items on your computer automatically, for free!!
- Using Skype, Google Hangouts free calls
This will be a ten week course, one night a week, two hours each night, you can bring your own computer or use computers on site.
Tuesday’s 10 weeks €100.00 7.30 – 9.30 p.m.
About the Tutor:
Gerry Moloney has over 30 years’ experience working with computer technology. Having worked for a large multinational for many years, Gerry setup up his own technology training company, Needs Be Technology Services. He now trains adults in mastering computer skills that add real value to their day to day lives. In addition to holding various industry certifications, he brings a wealth of IT skills specialising in Microsoft Office (he’s holds the Master MOS certification) and mobile technologies. Gerry has not only taught in the structured classroom environment but also has experience in the business world as an IT Manager, solving “real world” IT problems for financial institutions.