Portmarnock Community School Adult Education Programme:
Parents / Guardians who choose to attend the course will do so from a desire to help their children with homework and see them do well in exams. Participants are likely to have different levels of Irish, therefore the class will cater for a mixed level of abilities.
The objectives of the course:
- Familiarise parents/guardians with the Irish syllabus.
- Break down the syllabus into components parts make it understandable
- Give parents/guardians an understanding of likely homework assignments and of how they can helps students with their work
- Encourage and guide parents/guardians use whatever Irish they have in the safety of the classroom so as to enhance their confidence in helping students.
- Stick closely with the objective of “helping parents/guardians help students”
- Use practical exercises based on the syllabus as the basis for classwork.
- Class will work in groups to encourage “learning by doing” and a sense of achievement when group work is accomplished.
- Introduce points of grammar as required but also refer to these naturally as they arise in class in conversation.
- Make use occasionally of media such of radio/TV excerpts to encourage use of Irish in a natural and fun setting.
- Refer to relevant grammar and vocabulary as they arise.
Starts Tuesday 26th Sept. 2017 10 weeks €100 7:30 – 9:30p.m
About the Tutor: Martin Moore: