There will be no Open Night this year due to Covid Protocols but this video will give you an insight into the PCS approach to the education of your son or daughter. It was shot under Covid protocols.
The full Admissions Policy can be viewed here.
The Annual Admission Notice can be accessesed here.
The Application Form in PDF Form can be accessed and printed here until the 22nd October.
- Applicants applying as a resident of Portmarnock must provide proof of address in the form of two recent utility bills at the time of application
- The school is closed on Friday 1st October 2021 but, for those who haven’t got access to a printer, application forms will be available in hard copy from the school office from Monday 4th October until the deadline of 22nd October at 1pm.
- Completed application forms can be posted to the school or hand delivered to the secretary’s office. No photographs of completed forms accepted.
The Criteria for Admission which are contained in the Policy are:
|Applications for places in 1st Year will be prioritised using the categories below (in strict order, with number 1 given first preference and number 10 given last preference):
1. Students from St Marnock’s NS and St Helen’s SNS who select Portmarnock Community School as their choice on the CAPPS application form
2. Students whose primary residence is in Portmarnock
3. Students with siblings currently attending Portmarnock Community School. (“Sibling” shall be defined as “any brother or sister, or step brother or sister, of any child attending, or who will be attending the school during the proposed academic year of entry”)
4. Children of Portmarnock Community School daytime staff
5. Students whose siblings are past pupils of Portmarnock Community School
6. Students from St Andrew’s NS and Scoil an Duinnínigh
7. Subject to a maximum *25% of the enrolment figure, students whose parent(s)/guardian(s) are past pupils of Portmarnock Community School
8. Students attending other primary schools in the CAPPS Education Association who selected Portmarnock Community School as their choice on the CAPPS application form
9. All other applications received before the closing date
10. Applications received after the date set out for submission of applications in the Annual Admissions Notice and published annually on the School website.