Portmarnock Community School Adult Education Presents:
Reality Check Course
It is not Life or people or events that cause us to suffer, it’s our reaction to them that causes our unhappiness and it’s our mental conditioning that causes or reactions. Luckily, we don’t need to fight or wrestle our conditioned reactions into submission, all we need is to understand them. If we fully understood our reactions in stressful situations they would lose their power over us.
In the Reality Check Ontology Course we’ll discover and uncover many truths about ourselves and the world we create. We’ll discover the nature of the mind and how it operates and evolved to the way it is. We’ll discover how it becomes dysfunctional.
- We’ll discover how to spot illusions as they arise in us and how to disentangle ourselves from them.
- We’ll discover compassion by recognising that everyone else has their own illusions too.
- We’ll discover love by understanding first what it is not.
- We’ll discover our own True Nature by a process of reduction, not addition.
- We’ll discover what a successful life really means, as opposed to the acquisition of money or approval, position, or fame.
- We’ll discover how to be present and powerful, as opposed to being trapped by fear and the illusion of time.
- We’ll discover that we are already free by realising that no one has bound us.
- We’ll discover the beauty of life by understanding that it’s not something that we have, but it’s what we are.
Starts Tues. 23rd Jan 2018. 10 weeks €100