Portmarnock Community School Adult Education Department:
Join our popular Baking tutor, Vera Fritschi, for this new course focusing on giving you the necessary skills and know how to create memorable and stand out cakes and treats. You also get the bonus of bringing home your produce with you!
The themes are:
• week 1 +2 flower decorations and Eton mess cup cakes
• week 3 +4 halloween decorations and halloween cup cakes.
• week 5 + 6 chocolate decorations and chocolate drizzle cake
• week 7 + 8 childrens birthday cake (elephant with balloons.) and vanilla raspberry jam butter cream cake.
• week 9 + 10 Christmas decorations and christmas ginger bread cake
Generally the first class in each pair will be to prepare the decorations and the second class to bake and decorate the cake / cup cakes. The ingredients for the decorations are included in the price of the course. The ingredients to make the cakes have to be supplied by the students.
Starts Saturday 22nd September.
Please note there will be no classes on 27th October and 3rd November.
About the Tutor: Vera Fritschi:
I have been teaching baking classes in Portmarnock Community School for the last four years. I trained in Switzerland for 3 years as a baker/ pastry chef and finished 4th in the Switzerland in my final exams. After this I did an additional 2 years of training in confectionery and chocolatery and finished 1st in Switzerland in my final exams. I worked for 3 years in bakeries and patisseries before coming to Ireland in 2003 and working a further 6 years as a demonstrator for an international company in bakery/patisserie and chocolates.