Child Development QQI L5
Portmarnock Community School Adult Education Programme:
This course is run in conjunction with the College of Progressive Education.
The aim of this programme is to provide the learner with a good working knowledge of the main child development theories and their application in practice in an ECCE setting.
Objectives for the learner to:
- Understand the links between theory and practice
- Utilise knowledge acquired to inform best practice in an ECCE setting
- Appreciate the importance of the interrelationship between all domains of development
- Acknowledge the individuality of each child within the context of normative development
- Recognise the significance of Nature versus Nurture in the development of the child
- Understand the role observations play in meeting the needs of the child at any stage of development
There is a requirement to complete 15 hours of work experience at the end of the course.
Starts Monday 27th January 2019 12 weeks €300 7- 9:30pm
For more information see this link to the College of Progressive Education.