Portmarnock Community School Adult Education Programme:
This course will give you a basic understanding of how to build a website using
Wordpress. You will learn how to edit images in Photoshop and create your own logo
and company branding.
This course would suit anybody with an interest in web and graphic design, possibly
someone starting up their own business or looking to create a personal website.
1. Setup up a domain name and web hosting
2. Image Editing in Photoshop
3. Logo Design / Brand Creation
4. WordPress installation and website creation.
5. Website design and development
6. Creating custom menus and Pages
7. Using Plugins and creating Widgets
8. Introduction to Search Engine Optimisation
After this course you will have built your own personal website, designed logo and
created your own company branding and have a good understand on how to
manage and add to your website in the future too.
Starts Tuesday 23rd Jan. 2018 10 weeks €120 (Includes domain name)
7:30 – 9:30pm
About the Tutor: Mr. Jonathan O’Malley:
Jonathan has over 7 years’ experience working in digital media as a designer and
digital marketer, he has a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Digital Media and Graphic