A Message from the HSE: Unfortunately this year we will not be in a position to offer the school vaccination programme within the school setting. The Mass Vaccination Centre at the National Show Centre, Stocklane Lane, Cloghran, Swords has been made available to us on Tuesday 26th, Wednesday 27th, Thursday 28th and Sunday 30th October.
We would be very grateful if you could give a copy of the attached letter to each child in 1st year.
The letter is here.
There will be no Open Night this year due to Covid Protocols but this video will give you an insight into the PCS approach to the education of your son or daughter. It was shot under Covid protocols.
The full Admissions Policy can be viewed here.
The Annual Admission Notice can be accessesed here.
The Application Form in PDF Form can be accessed and printed here until the 22nd October.
The Criteria for Admission which are contained in the Policy are:
|Applications for places in 1st Year will be prioritised using the categories below (in strict order, with number 1 given first preference and number 10 given last preference):
1. Students from St Marnock’s NS and St Helen’s SNS who select Portmarnock Community School as their choice on the CAPPS application form
2. Students whose primary residence is in Portmarnock
3. Students with siblings currently attending Portmarnock Community School. (“Sibling” shall be defined as “any brother or sister, or step brother or sister, of any child attending, or who will be attending the school during the proposed academic year of entry”)
4. Children of Portmarnock Community School daytime staff
5. Students whose siblings are past pupils of Portmarnock Community School
6. Students from St Andrew’s NS and Scoil an Duinnínigh
7. Subject to a maximum *25% of the enrolment figure, students whose parent(s)/guardian(s) are past pupils of Portmarnock Community School
8. Students attending other primary schools in the CAPPS Education Association who selected Portmarnock Community School as their choice on the CAPPS application form
9. All other applications received before the closing date
10. Applications received after the date set out for submission of applications in the Annual Admissions Notice and published annually on the School website.
Thursday, August 19, 2021
The latest advice for Parents and Students on returning to a School Environment during the ongoing Pandemic can be found in video and text format here ... Read More
Wednesday, August 18, 2021
We are delighted to be able to announce a return to operations for our popular Adult Education classes. More details and enrolments are available from our Adult Education section here. The provisio... Read More
By entering your email and clicking subscribe above, you agree to the use of your details by this website for notifications from Portmarnock Community School.