THE WORK OF THE STUDENT COUNCIL
The Student Council is a representative structure for all the students in the school. It provides students with the opportunity to become involved in the affairs of the school, working in partnership with school management, staff and parents. It should always work for the benefit of the school and its students.
The Council will always work in consultation with the school Management.
The Student Council has responsibility for
- Working with the staff, Board of Management and Parents’ Association in the school;
- Communicating and consulting with all of the students in the school;
- Involving as many students as possible in the activities of the Council;
- Planning and managing the Council’s programme of activities for the year;
- Managing and accounting to the Student Council and Board of Management, for any funds raised by the Council.
Each Tutor class may elect 2 members of the class to represent them on the student council – (1 Girl and 1 Boy).
The elected students must attend meetings and report back to their respective class.