When do the classes start?
The majority of our classes will start Saturday 20th January or the week of Monday 22nd January 2018. Some others start a little later due to tutor availability etc. Most of our classes take place on Tuesday nights, Wednesday’s and Saturday mornings.
How do I enrol in a class?
Enrolment for all classes can be completed in the following ways:
- At our enrolment / information night on Tuesday. 9th, Mon. 15th or Tuesday 16th January 2018, from 7:30 – 8:30pm
- By post using the postal slip on the back page of the brochure.
- Online enrolment at www.portmarnockcommunityschool.ie (links on school website) .
If you are having trouble enrolling on the system, please see this video which may be able to help you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T-q_Ucj2Vw
Is there a minimum or maximum number of people per class?
Usually we need 8 or 9 people to run a course. Some classes have a limit on capacity. These include
- Guitar and Golf (all 6)
- Creative writing and Ukelele (10)
- Baking and Cooking (12)
- Pottery (14)
What are the dates of the classes?
- Week 1: Week starting Sat 20th Jan. and Monday 22nd Jan.
- Week 2: Week starting 29th Jan.
- Week 3: Week starting 5th Feb.
- Week 4: Week starting 12th Feb.
- Week 5: Week starting 19th Feb.
- Week 6: Week starting 26th Feb.
- Week 7: Week starting 5th March.
- Week 8: Week starting 12th March.
- Week 9: Week starting 19th March.
- Week 10: Week starting 26th March.
Term 2 for the Summer will start on the week of 9th April.
Is there parking available?
Yes there is parking available, although Tuesday nights can be busy. Please be courteous of other students and arrive on time. We encourage car pooling or use of public transport. Bus Routes serving school (Bus stop 3612): 32X, 102,
142, 42. DART Feeder Bus to/from Sutton Station 102.
Are refunds available?
Generally refunds are only issued when classes fail to form due to lack of numbers. Other reasons would be if a tutor becomes unavailable. The refunds will be arranged as soon as possible after the term has started. Card payments will be refunded directly back into accounts of students, while cheque and cash payments will be refunded by cheque.
What data is collected from Students?
We collect names, addresses, email addresses and mobile phone numbers. The data is stored on secure systems and will not be shared with third parties. Emails are used to issue receipts. Generally email and text reminders are sent out before a new term starts. Mobile numbers will be used if classes have to be cancelled at short notice. You can opt out of giving this data if you wish.
Tutors will not be given student data. However, tutors may ask for email addresses or mobile numbers in order to send notes relating to classes or organise course related activities. You can opt out of giving this data if you wish.