When do the classes start?
The majority of our classes will start Saturday 22nd September or the week of Monday 24th September 2018. Some others start a little later due to tutor availability etc. Most of our classes take place on Tuesday nights, Wednesday’s and Saturday mornings.
How do I enrol in a class?
Enrolment for all classes can be completed in the following ways:
- At our enrolment / information night on Tuesday. 11th, Mon. 17th September 2018, from 7:30 – 8:30pm
- By post using the postal slip on the back page of the brochure.
- Online enrolment at www.portmarnockcommunityschool.ie (links on school website) .
If you are having trouble enrolling on the system, please see this video which may be able to help you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T-q_Ucj2Vw
Is there a minimum or maximum number of people per class?
Usually we need 8 or 9 people to run a course. Some classes have a limit on capacity. These include
- Guitar and Golf (all 6)
- Creative writing and Ukelele (10)
- Baking and Cooking (12)
- Pottery (14)
What are the dates of the classes?
- Week 1: Week starting Sat 22nd Sept. and Monday 24th Sept.
- Week 2: Sat. 29th Sept. and Week starting 1st Oct.
- Week 3: Sat. 6th and Week starting 8th Oct.
- Week 4: Sat. 13th and Week starting 15th Oct.
- Week 5: Sat. 20th and Week starting 22nd Oct.
- Week 6: Sat. 3rd Nov. and Week starting 29th Oct. (No midterm for midweek classes)
- Week 7: Sat. 10th and Week starting 5th Nov.
- Week 8: Sat. 17th and Week starting 12th Nov.
- Week 9: Sat. 24th and Week starting 19th Nov.
- Week 10: Sat. 1st Dec. and Week starting 26th Nov.
Is there parking available?
Yes there is parking available, although Tuesday nights can be busy. Please be courteous of other students and arrive on time. We encourage car pooling or use of public transport. Bus Routes serving school (Bus stop 3612): 32X, 102,
142, 42. DART Feeder Bus to/from Sutton Station 102.
Are refunds available?
Generally refunds are only issued when classes fail to form due to lack of numbers. Other reasons would be if a tutor becomes unavailable. The refunds will be arranged as soon as possible after the term has started. Card payments will be refunded directly back into accounts of students, while cheque and cash payments will be refunded by cheque.
What data is collected from Students?
We collect names, addresses, email addresses and mobile phone numbers. The data is stored on secure systems and will not be shared with third parties. Emails are used to issue receipts. Generally email and text reminders are sent out before a new term starts. Mobile numbers will be used if classes have to be cancelled at short notice. You can opt out of giving this data if you wish.
Tutors will not be given student data. However, tutors may ask for email addresses or mobile numbers in order to send notes relating to classes or organise course related activities. You can opt out of giving this data if you wish.